Technology, innovation and research are the basis of our DNA.
Our “root” is purely technological. Hydroponic Systems was born to create a completely new solution for the collection of drains, which allows growers to have healthier roots and collect drains in a much more effective and efficient way.
It all started with what is now a key part of our systems: the Spacer. Hydroponic Systems created the ideal solution to the important problem that growers were facing: diseased roots due to the lack of oxygen between the substrate bag and the drainage in the gutter, and diseases caused by algae, fungi and bacteria due to the humidity accumulated under the substrate bag. This is how Hydroponic Systems, with an innovative vocation and based on a Technical Department made up of professionals dedicated to technological development, launched the FIRST SPACER to the market: a practical solution to separate the roots from drainage.
After the enormous success and reception that the Spacer had among growers of all kinds worldwide, Hydroponic Systems continued with the research and development of new options to apply this SOLUTION to different types of drainage collection. Over the years, Hydroponic Systems has created a portfolio of products (or as we call it: “solutions”) to help growers maximize their production while saving resources as valuable as water and fertilizers.
With this in mind, and aware of the high quality standards demanded by the international market, HS constantly seeks excellence in each of its products.
At Hydroponic Systems we have a slogan:
“The best patent is to be 1st.”
And that’s why we are ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD.
2014Constitution of Hydroponic Systems.
2014Creation of the first SPACER, giving life to the Premium system. International patent granted.
2015Bulk and combined system.
2017Elevated and Hanging systems.
2018Eco system (with patent extension) and movable systems (lifting and swinging).
Our crown jewels
Why is the spacer the key piece of all our systems?
- The Spacer provides a firm support to raise the substrate bags from the ground (or the gutter), allowing the drainage to circulate optimally underneath, avoiding the possibility of contamination in the same growing line.
- At the same time, the Spacer prevents plant roots from coming out of the substrate bags and coming into contact with the drainage.
- The Spacer minimizes the accumulation of moisture under the substrate, between the bag and the surface that supports it, and it allows efficient drainage.
- Due to the above, the Spacer helps to reduce the proliferation of diseases and their contagion between plants.
- With the use of the Spacer, aeration between the substrate bag and the drain flow is maximized.
- As a benefit of all this, the Spacer allows to have significant savings in the use of fertilizers, phytosanitary products, and even allows savings in labor (no longer have to cut roots that come out of the bags, nor have to tilt the bags, nor open more drains because they have been covered with the roots that come out of the bag, etc.).
- With all this, the Spacer allows to maximize the reuse of drainage water (water + nutrients).
- In the end, the Spacer helps to lessen the loss of plants during the production cycle, thereby achieving an important increase in production, both in quantity and quality.